Track My Package is listed as a kind of potentially unwanted application which can silently install in your targeted machines especially running on Windows Operating Systems. Most of the ways, it appears in form of undesirable page like Searchpackaget.com. This page functions as a handy or legitimate tool that helps to enhance the surfing experiences and secure the times of computer users. Needless to say, Track My Package is a malevolent stuff that is designed and propagated by cyber criminals with sole intention of making dubious profits from all PC victims. Track My Package is so cunning pop-up program which can infiltrate user’s system along with freeware or shareware apps, junk emails filled with fake attachments, fraudulent pages and some others. Some security researchers have revealed that Track My Package presents as an advertising page which is mainly created to changes your normal home page and search engine of infected browsers.
Once Track My Package installed and attacked your browsers, it will start promote a huge number of in-text pop-up links, fake banners, coupon codes, attractive offers and other commercial adverts. In such ways, if you click on such inevitable pop-up materials. It immediately redirects your reliable searching terms on most bogus or suspicious websites. Sometimes, this program generally distributes in bundle format with unknown cookies which are installed unexpectedly in your PC without any consent or knowledge. You should be alert that these annoying adverts are added by Track My Package which has main purpose of delivering third party pop-up ads and increase the ranking of unreliable sites. Track My Package may download and install lots of high risky applications or bugs onto your machine by connecting third party server. The most precarious impact is that, Track My Package will trace your trusted browsing history and entire surfing session without giving any prior notification. This program can secretly collect your numerous information related to bank account numbers, debit card information, login details of emails, passwords and some others. Without any concern, Track My Package can share your important surfing details to group of frauds or virus creators who can use for earning evil revenue or other malicious tasks. So, it is very essential to uninstall Track My Package from your PC.
“Download automatic Track My Package removal tool to completely remove Track My Package related infections and to make your system free of threats.”
Track My Package Delivery Vectors: Track My Package Enters Windows PC
Track My Package is installed on the PC in myriad ways but rarely in a conspicuous and forthright manner. The infection is obtained initially by website browsing or using some sort of ad-supported software. It can also be installed on the host computer by exploiting the software vulnerabilities. Some of the different ways through which this malware can get inside your PC are discussed below under the following headings:
1. Social Engineering Banner Ads: The very first challenge for any virus vendor is to get people to install their software. The virus writers face this problem and solve it via social engineering techniques so as to entice the users into running their creation. These hackers use email messages with flashy content like “check out this message” and attach the virus rather instead of any legitimate content. These hackers make use of fake banner ads to initiate the installation of Track My Package . The banners look like Windows box but are actually scam and innocent users’ fells victim to the same.
2. Drive by Downloads: Spyware vendors use this malicious technique to inject malware like Track My Package on the Windows PC. This technique refers to convincing a user to install some programs as they browse internet without the user actually requesting the installation of any program in the first place. This process is usually invoked through ActiveX control installers or automatic website page refresh.
3. Continual Prompting: Just because you have declined an installation prompt does not mean that you have prevented the entry of the malware on your host computer. Some spyware vendors go in length and breadth by employing continual prompting where the installation prompt is being displayed round the clock until the user gives up and consents to the installation either accidentally or due to utter frustration.
4. Chain Installation: This is yet another delivery vector where Track My Package comes bundled with 3rd party software. For example, when you install Kazaa, programs from GAIN network, Rx Toolbar, Cydoor are also installed which facilitates in marketing and delivery of ads. While Kazaa gives clear notification that the aforesaid programs will be installed, many hackers bury notification of bundled program and attach the spyware. As a result of which user concerned unknowingly installs the virus on their PC without any least knowledge.
Symptoms of Track My Package Infection
Once this threat secretly installs into the host computer, you will come across one of the following symptoms in your PC when you run it –
- Unable to show taskbar or tray icons when PC is running
- Hiding of files, process, registry keys, services or other evidences
- Mimics system file names and resources with fake 3rd party files
- Lack of clear and obvious uninstall functions
- Uninstall of Track My Package fails or require long surveys/tricks to accomplish
- Antivirus software, firewall and other security measures are disabled
- Security settings of Windows OS and other applications are altered
- Download and execution of arbitrary 3rd party content (payload)
How Track My Package Works after Getting Installed on Host Computer
This infection model includes a single package such as an .exe file or many other files that are designed by hackers that remain hidden and are hard to detect or trace. Once the file is downloaded, it contains other components (downloaders, adware, remote access tools etc) that infect the system. It starts sending information (email address) to a remote server. At this point of time, your system is compromised and your email id is being sold to the next spammer. Once the threat is installed, it makes use of a load point so that it restarts every time when the PC starts. The most common load point it makes use of is in the Run Registry key called HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run. By using this load point, Track My Package not only starts automatically but also run under the context of other applications. This allows the threat to remain unnoticed and gives it the access to other applications like Internet Explorer actions and all network traffic.
Disadvantages and Dangers of Having Track My Package in Windows PC
- Corrupts and changes default settings of the internet browser
- Modifies homepage and redirects unwanted pop up ads
- Frequent redirection to anonymous websites
- Search engine settings are hijacked
- Personal user details are collected and sent to remote server
- Brings further infections like spyware, Trojans and virus
- Consumes CPU storage memory and makes browser run slow
Possible Outcome of Track My Package Infection
Possible consequences of Track My Package installed on the Windows PC range from mere annoyance to reduced productivity to serious security breaches or legal liability. Aftermath of this malware infection on the host computer is discussed below:
1. Intellectual Property Theft: In the year 2003 Valve Software, makers of Half Life game had their source code of its much anticipated sequel of the game stolen and released to the internet by some serious malware via keylogger that was installed on the developer’s computer. It is not clear that if this thing had actual revenue impacts on Valve but the implications are obvious for anyone with confidential data on their hard drive.
2. Weakened Security: This threat lowers browser security settings to make it easier to install additional material on the PC. It shuts down firewall, antivirus program and as a result of which this threat at a latter point when the damage has already been done. It makes use of vulnerability scanners and hacking tools to compromise the machine and reduces its overall performance.
3. Identity Theft: Identity theft is supposed to cost consumers and business over $50 billion in USA alone in year 2012. Many of us bank online, buy and sell security goods online, store vital information like credit card details, social security number etc on PC and they are at the risk as Track My Package can acquire this information through proxying, keylooging, phishing or other means.
4. Resource Consumption: Track My Package consumes resources that could be otherwise used by the user concerned for their own purpose. This threat eats disk space, clutters favourites and menu with junk, takes up CPU memory, ejects numerous Windows pop-ups etc which in turn makes the computer unresponsive.
Track My Package : Connects System Online for Fake Spyware Scan
When this malware gets installed on your system, it redirects your internet browser to some sites. Those sites will prompt you to scan your computer online for spyware and virus infection. You should know that these scanning are absolutely fake in nature and it is done with the motive of intimidating innocent computer users.
Once you click OK, the webpage imitates My Computer folder with hard disks and other folders but they actually don’t represent your real computer.
When the Fake Scanning is completed, results will be displayed and you will be suggested to remove the infections from your PC.
Clicking on Remove All button will result in file download. Users concerned will think that some antivirus software is being installed but in reality fake antivirus gets activated which leaves no stone unturned in scaring the hell out of users with frightening notifications. You will be compelled to buy the licensed version of this fake software but it will not provide any sort of protection to your PC. This is one way of promoting rogue applications once Track My Package enters your Windows PC.
Malicious Behaviour of Track My Package
There are essentially six different types of traits seen by this malware and are listed below under the following headings:
1. Installation: gets into the system in a surreptitious manner and modifies it in such a manner that a code runs at a frequent interval of time every time the computer boots
2. Surveying: finding new PC with Windows based operating system so as to spread the infection
3. Replicating: getting into those new PC and exploit it and downgrade its overall performance
4. Concealment: hiding its presence behind malicious process and bypasses detection by ordinary spyware and virus removal programs
5. Injection: getting inside data or code of innocuous process on PC to gain additional privileges, deliver payload and achieve concealment
6. Payload: communicating data from the system hard drive to third parties or receiving commands from third parties
Is Track My Package Safe for PC and Browsers?
No absolutely not!!! Track My Package is a severe threat that spreads its infection like a wild fire once it gets installed on the host computer. It is not the least bit safe because the threat involves cyber criminal activities, exploitation of user privacy and depletion of overall computer performance and functionality. Some of the points that justify the aforementioned statement are discussed below under the following headings:
- Does not require the consent of user before installation
- Continual display of pop ups, annoying ads and fake errors
- Intelligently accesses online behaviour and internet activity of user
- Hard to remove from browser as it keeps on returning time and again
Understanding the Dangers Associated with Track My Package
1. By monitoring your browsing activity on the internet, this particular threat enables target advertising. In other words it provides advertisers with the necessary data they need to bombard your PC with the respective ads based on perceived preferences.
2. Once this malware understands your online behaviour, it generates a plethora of unsolicited pop up messages every time you get online or visit e-commerce related websites. These messages cover half of the screen and if you mistakenly click on them, you will be redirected to unknown sites from where additional threat gets installed on the host computer.
3. More seriously because Track My Package is consuming the memory and resources of the system as it runs in the background and is extremely hard to detect its malicious process. It gathers sensitive information from the hard drive and transmits to home server; it can lead to system crash or instability in the near future.
4. It can aggravate the overall performance of the PC by installing rogue and pesky applications, redirecting browsers to anonymous sites, tampers security settings, curtails internet speed, modifies homepage and even disrupts the overall network connectivity.
5. The aforesaid problems although they are severe but one can still cope with them. But there is something that Track My Package is capable of doing and hard to cope is financial fraud. This malware can access all your confidential data like user name, passwords, bank account details along with related pins and you can become victim of identity theft without your least bit knowledge of the same.
Track My Package : Personal Files Held for Ransom on Your Computer
Windows users have a new threat to worry about. This malware is capable of holding your personal files (including pictures, music and documents) until some ransom is paid to hackers who have created this vicious threat. Once this infection gets into the PC, it encrypts all your personal files on the compromised PC. The encryption algorithm is rock solid and quite difficult to crack. You might get a countdown timer that informs victims that they have 72 hours to pay the ransom ranging from $300-$1000 and the money has to be paid in MoneyPak or Bitcoins. These payment methods are least bit susceptible to identity thefts. Literally if you don’t pay the fine, the files cannot be recovered. This technique employed by Track My Package is extremely successful and hackers might even extend the deadline so that the victims have more time to pay the amount. You should not pay a single dime; rather remove Track My Package for overall PC security and safety.
How to Kill Malicious Process Associated With Track My Package
Using Safe Mode
Most of the process that is malevolent in nature is inactive when the PC operates in Safe Mode with networking option. To proceed to this operation, you need to carry out the following steps:
==> Reboot your Windows operating system
==> Keep on pressing F8 when the system boots
==> Choose Safe mode with networking option
==> Kill all the malicious processes
Using Task Manager
The best thing about this tool is that you need not have to download anything. Rather this application is available in all versions of Windows PC, though it might be disabled or provides little bit of control.
==> Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc
==> If it fails to open, go to Start > Run and type in taskmgr
==> If still it fails, go to C:\Windows\System32 and rename it to 1.scr, 1.com or other random name. Launch that file.
==> Select process TAB and press end on processes that looks malicious
Sometimes Task Manager is disabled by Track My Package . A workaround would be to go to C:\Windows\System32, Make a copy of taskmgr.exe and rename it to 1.exe or iexplore.exe. Launch the file which in turn will enable the tool.
Manually Removing Track My Package from Web Browsers
Uninstall Track My Package using Add/Remove Program
==> Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Program and Features
==> Look for Track My Package and select it and click on Uninstall
Delete Track My Package from Google Chrome
==> Start Google Chrome and Click on “Wrench” or “Bar” icon at top right corner
==> Go to Settings >> Search >> Manage Search Engines
==>Select your preferred search engine and click on “Make it Default”
==>Remove unwanted search engines by clicking on cross mark at its end
==> Restart the browser to make the changes so as to complete the process
Remove Track My Package from Mozilla Firefox
==> Open Firefox, type about:config in address bar and press Enter
==> Type in keyword.url in search box, right click on it and select “Modify”
==> Keep the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set
==> Type browser.search.defaultenginename in search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine
==> Type browser.search.selectedEngine in search box and reset it to something than what it is set to initially
==> Search for browser.newtab.url and replace it with about:newtab
==> Restart the browser so that the changes can be applied
Get Rid of Track My Package from Internet Explorer
==> Open the browser, select Tools and click on Internet Option
==> Go to General >> Change Search Defaults >> Settings
==> Select your favorite search engine provider and click on Set as Default
==> Restart the browser
Remove Track My Package with Track My Package Removal Tool
It is a very powerful real time anti-spyware application that is certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System. It is designed to protect PC by removing Track My Package and other malicious threats. The software is automatically configured where you get optimum security performance with limited interaction. It is developed with anti-rootkit technology and is tailor made to remove malware infections like Track My Package by offering intuitive real time protection. It is also very powerful in detecting adware, keyloggers, worms, Trojans etc and can block and delete spyware threats from Windows PC. The system guard will stop and remove malicious processes that attempts to auto start the malware entries by exploiting the Windows registry. So all you need is to download and install Track My Package Removal Tool for immediate and ongoing protection from Track My Package and other spyware threats from Windows PC.
Free Antivirus Software vs. Track My Package Removal Tool: Understand the Differences
The lure of free antivirus software is very powerful but you should know that these free version software have got limited features and options. These software are free for a time period say 14 days and after that it is downgraded. The free antivirus software looks like a real bargain but they have very little to offer. Track My Package is a very sophisticated malware and it cannot be removed by free antivirus software until you resort to a paid version one. Track My Package Removal Tool is a smart application and licensed at the same time that is effective in removing spyware threats like Track My Package with perfection and minimum hassles.
Some of the features that you can avail in Track My Package Removal Tool but not in the free antivirus or antispyware applications are discussed below under the following headings:
1. Link Checking: It interrogates each webpage before it gets loaded on your browser. If any malicious code is being suspected, the page will be immediately stopped from opening. Free version of the software will often leave you to fend for yourself.
2. Email Protection: Link checking is also performed for your mailbox as well. Links in the mail are properly scanned to trace any malevolent content and built-in email rules stop viral from ever reaching your inbox. Free antivirus software does not offer thorough email protection but rather leave a hole in your protection.
3. Personal Data Protection: The cyber thugs swindle money from innocent PC users by stealing and selling personal user data. The free antivirus software offers limited protection while the licensed version of Track My Package Removal Tool provides proactive protection by blocking any outside unauthorised connection to your PC.
4. Automatic Scanning: Antivirus software should sit in the background and watch over your shoulders as you work much like a bodyguard. Just like the bodyguard will spring into action even before you realize any danger, Track My Package Removal Tool neutralizes any threats as soon as they are found. Free versions of antispyware software does not offer this luxury as you will have to manually start the scan.
5. Timely Tech Support: The licensed version of Track My Package Removal Tool offers telephone support or at least response through email messages that is measured in hours not in days. If you are using free version of antivirus software, you will get help but not in right ways and you perhaps have to visit forums to get answers to your queries.
User Guide to Remove Track My Package with Track My Package Removal Tool
The very first step is to download and install the tool. It will take few second to install and then you are able to access the software interface. You have to click on the “scan computer” button and the software will start making search for the Track My Package in your systems.
Track My Package Removal Tool scans the hard drive to locate the virus infected items. All the scanned threats are shown in a thumbnail format as displayed with description that how severely the items are infected.
A built in feature known as “Spyware Removal Tool HelpDesk” is available with this software. With the help of this feature you can get complete information related to the malware and the spyware which you encountered in the system.
In the forth step “System Guard” is used in order to stop the entrance of all vicious items into your system and thus preventing your PC from future malware and threat attacks.
Security Tips to Protect PC from Future Infections like Track My Package
It is said that prevention is better than cure. In order to protect the computer from future spyware and virus threats, there are certain things you need to do as to secure your PC. Most of them can be done easily without involving any cost of any kind. The simple tips discussed below will surely keep your system and data safe.
- Abstain from warez (pirated software), programs from P2P and keygens
- Install Windows update (security fixes, service packs, patches, software update)
- Use reputable antispyware software and keep it updated
- Don’t open email from unknown sources or files sent from instant messenger
- Download software from trusted sources like (SnapFiles, FileHippo etc)
- Passwords should be minimum of 8 characters and should contain uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols (!,@, #, &, %, *)
- Disable unwanted plug-in as it will keep you safe from activeX exploits and malicious scripts
- Use secure DNS service like Google DNS or OPENDNS
- Don’t pay heed to every virus warning because many of them are scareware and hoax
- Replace programs that have got bad security track record (e.g. Adobe Reader, Outlook, IE)
“Download automatic Track My Package removal tool to completely remove Track My Package related infections and to make your system free of threats.”